Do you aspire to become a professional baker? Are you interested in the art of baking and pastry? If so, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of our newest hospitality program — Baking and Pastry Apprenticeship. Complementing our Culinary Apprenticeship program, this unique combination of classroom and real-life experience will prepare you to build a strong foundation in the art and science of baking and pastry.
Honing Your Skills
In this program, you will develop an understanding of the ingredients and techniques used to create artisan breads, specialty cakes, pastries, cookies, pies, and other desserts. Hands-on training at apprenticeship sites will allow you to hone and increase your skills. If you’re interested in baking and pastry and becoming a professional baker, this program will prepare you for it.
- Opportunities exist in the restaurant industry with jobs expected to reach 15.7 million by 2025. (National Restaurant Association)
- There is also a growing demand for specialty baked products. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- The baking industry accounts for nearly $311 billion in total economic output. (AmericanBakers.org)
- Studied at International Culinary Center
- Worked at Bluebird Bakery
- Served as pastry sous chef at Ritz Carlton Lake, Las Vegas
- Former pastry sous chef at Gramercy Tavern (NYC)
- Previously owned Lu Lu’s bakery
- Earned a Baking and Pastry degree at Johnson & Wales University
- Completed a Culinary Arts degree at Art Institute of Atlanta
- Served in roles as pastry chef, corporate pastry chef, executive sous chef and executive chef
- Currently chef liaison for KSU’s School of Culinary Sustainability and Hospitality Management
- Award winner of Just Desserts best in show, most creative, and most artistic presentation
- Won Sample the South culinary competition for best overall
Come learn to taste your experience in a whole new way!