Our Paralegal Certificate program is excited to announce the establishment of its first Advisory Board. The seven-member volunteer board brings to our college distinguished judges, lawyers and legal professionals. The Advisory Board will serve to enhance the college’s longest-running program by increasing program awareness and improving program value. In collaboration with our college, the board will work to expand professional internship opportunities for students and build scholarships to support students interested in pursuing a career in the field.
“We are fortunate to have an advisory board who is dedicated to student success and believes in the value of our program,” said Jennifer Henderson, Paralegal Certificate program manager. “Their combined knowledge and experience is a great benefit to our program.”
For three decades, our Paralegal Certificate program has welcomed thousands of aspiring paralegals into its classrooms. Daytime offerings were introduced in 2014, doubling the programs course offerings. The program also expanded to offer new courses like Tort Law, Law Office Management and Technology, and Legal Research and Writing II. The Joe R. Edwards Law Library was unveiled in 2014, providing more than 3,000 law books to our resource for students. The University Professional & Continuing Education Association also named the Paralegal Certificate a Program of Excellence at its 2014 UPCEA South awards conference. Our instructor, John “Dick” Edwards won the Professional Continuing Educator award at the 2016 UPCEA South awards conference.
“With the help from our advisory board, we look forward to another 30 years of excellence for our award-winning Paralegal program,” Jennifer said.
The Paralegal Certificate Advisory Board Members:
- Kathy Adams, Legal Assistant, Education/Certification Chair for the Cobb County Legal Professionals Association
- Kim Childs, Superior Court Judge, Cobb County
- John Edwards, Assistant District Attorney, Cobb County District Attorney’s Office
- Adele Grubbs, Retired, Superior Court Judge
- Carol Kinstle, Executive Director, Cobb County Bar Association
- *Dennis O’Brien, Attorney at Law
- Vic Reynolds, District Attorney, Cobb County District Attorney’s Office