The yearly OLLI Sampler hopes to encourage students to try new courses and gives an opportunity to experience an overview of what OLLI has to offer. This year’s class ranges from Gerald Flinchum’s course on the Guerilla War in Georgia to Steve Nudson’s course on sketching.
The Sampler takes place every Monday in October from 1-3 p.m. Each instructor will teach for one hour on their designated day. Those who participate in the Sampler will receive a registration to the OLLI Oktoberfest Social on Oct. 30.
This year, OLLI focused on promoting new courses along with bringing back old favorites. Students will have the opportunity to have face-to-face time with instructors and ask questions.
“Many of our instructors have a following of students, and the Sampler allows new instructors the chance to be in front of a class and encourage students to register,” said OLLI program manager Patricia Walker. “I hope students gain a good sense of what we have to offer and that they sign up for a new course to broaden and extend the types of classes they have been participating in.”
Below is a complete schedule for the OLLI Sampler.
- October 2:
- Howard Page – Why is Life the Way it is?
- Lynn Fisher – The Zentangle Method
- October 9:
- Gerald Flinchum – The Guerilla War in Georgia
- Josh Langston – Learn Short Fiction from a Pro / Write Your Novel, Now / Publish Your Own Book
- October 16:
- Todd Hull – Digital Photography Introduction
- Dan Olejnik – The Math Behind Games / Navigating Your Financial Life
- October 23:
- Tom Metcalf – The Age of Clipper Ships
- Russell Osmond – Faces of “Americans Generations” since 1776 / All Politics is Indeed Local…How to use your Leverage
- October 30:
- Dale Hartsfield – A History of Hartsfield Jackson International Airport
- Steve Nudson – Sketching Your World / Sketching Your World Intermediate
- Oktoberfest Social
For more information, call 470-578-6765.