Fall Brings New Opportunities to Explore OLLI
The OLLI Sampler is a chance for students to find and learn about the perfect course. Every year, OLLI holds the Sampler as a class that meets every Monday in October. Each week, two different instructors will come and showcase a “taste” of their courses. This year, 15 courses will be included in the sampler ranging from history to genealogy and even tai chi/qigong.
The Sampler culminates with free admission to the OLLI Social, a quarterly event filled with food, fun and entertainment exclusively for OLLI students. This year, the social will have a “Roaring 20s” theme and be held on Oct. 29 at 6 p.m.
“The Sampler is a great way to meet new instructors and learn more about new courses that are being offered as well as hear more about some of our favorite long-running courses,” Pat Walker, OLLI program manager, said. “It really is the best way to learn about all of the numerous and exciting courses offered through OLLI.”
Prospective students are encouraged to enroll. The Sampler provides an opportunity for getting a glimpse into a certain class and answering any questions.
Here’s the schedule and instructors for this year’s OLLI Sampler:
- June Converse – Novel Dissection / Character Development / Show Don’t Tell
- Michael Shaffer – Civil War History
- Dan Olejnik – The Math Behind the Games / Navigating your Financial History
- Phil Robinson – Tai Chi/Qigong
- Elizabeth Deschenes – Literature
- Beth Hermes – Creative Writing / Memoir Writing
- Kay Morrison – Native American Voice from the Great Plains
- Karen Molohon – Genealogy
- Josh Langston – Publish Your Own Book / Write Your Novel Now
- Gerald Flinchum – The Guerilla War in Georgia: 1861-1865
Interested in registering? Call us at 470-578-6765 or sign up online. See and share photos and more by joining OLLI on Facebook.