Welcome back to SummerU, the place for kids to play, develop skills and discover hidden talents! With 70 plus camps, 2019’s Summer University will delight and challenge campers. Spanning eight weeks, this year promises to be more thrilling than ever with new camps and returning favorites. Register now for a one-of-a-kind learning experience!
SummerU For All Ages
Rising 1st-12th graders are welcome to join the summer camp fun. We love our younger campers, who bring such energetic and adventurous spirits, and are inspired by the ideas and fresh perspectives of our teen students. Bring what you have to the table! Whether it’s a hobby, talent, or even a new interest, there is something for everyone.
Join us in welcoming the College of Computing and Software Engineering to SummerU this year. Taught by our very own KSU faculty, the new CCSE camps give campers the opportunity to work hands-on with fascinating electronics and expand their knowledge of 21st century tech. Combined with endless learning opportunities, campers will engage in building robots, game development and assembling computers. Camps include:
- Data Science — covering the basics of mathematical data science and how to code
- Game Development — where campers will be able to create their own video game using the same tools as the pros
- Robotics — introduces campers to algorithms and programming in order to build their very own robot
- Computer Design — where students will analyze the parts of a computer and learn how each works together
We have introductory and advanced levels for each of these camps, geared toward specific grade levels. Check out the calendar for camps marked as “NEW” with an asterisk by their names.
Returning favorites include:
New camps include:
- Dynamic Dinosaurs — introduces younger campers to the practice of archeology
- Sew Basic — engages older campers with this classic art
- Court Camp — learn about the American court system and prepare a mock trial
For an exciting change, we have also incorporated themed camps, such as:
This is only a snapshot of what’s in store for kids at SummerU this year.
SummerU runs from May 28 to July 19. With the exception of July 4, each camp lasts five days from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Options for before and after care are available at an additional cost. Before Care runs from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Extended Care runs from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Your child will need to bring a sack lunch with them each day. There’s a designated lunch period for campers to relax and enjoy their meal.
Please include any allergies or special needs on the Authorization and Waiver Form.
It is the duty of parents or guardians, or designees listed on the Authorization and Waiver Form, to sign their children in and out of SummerU each day with a form of photo ID.
We also ensure camper safety with:
- Behavior Management Guidelines
- Certified instructors
- CPR trained assistants
- At SummerU, your child will have numerous opportunities to build their character, explore their imagination and let their personality flourish.
- Camps like Smart Money teach campers essential financial management skills while the Chet Austin Teen Leadership Academy teaches high school campers indispensable leadership skills for their future careers.
- Instructors develop educational and fun activities to engage campers. Learn from experts in their field — published authors and artists, professors, a chef and more.
- Take home a fun SummerU T-shirt each Friday.
- Plus, every camper will be awarded a certificate from KSU. This doesn’t give campers college credit, but they sure look nice displayed on your fridge!
How to Register
- By phone: 470-578-6765