Do you have a desire to make a difference in others’ lives by helping individuals improve their health through physical fitness? We have a Personal Trainer Certificate that can propel you into your future career!
Before you get started, we want you to know the internet’s most asked questions about personal training:
What does a personal trainer do?
Personal Trainers make a difference in others’ lives by helping individuals improve their health through physical fitness. They assess individual fitness levels and create customized plans to help clients achieve personal fitness goals. Below are some of the responsibilities of a personal trainer.
- Evaluate clients’ fitness levels and health conditions
- Build individualized exercise programs
- Explain exercises in detail and suggest alternatives if needed
- Monitor progress of clients’ fitness levels
- Explain safe and proper use of gym equipment
- Lead both individual and group training sessions
- Research on new exercise techniques and trends
- Promote the gym’s fitness packages and plans
- Perform CPR and administer first aid in case of emergencies
- Inform clients about on gym safety and hygiene guidelines
- Build a positive and trusting relationship with customers
- Advise customers on how to change nutritional and lifestyle habits as needed
How to become a certified personal trainer?
To become a certified personal trainer, you must pass the American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) exam. Our Personal Trainer Certificate Program will prepare you for this exam.
How long does it take to become a personal trainer?
The Personal Trainer certificate from Kennesaw State University’s College of Graduate and Professional Education can be completed in 21 class sessions over 2 months.
How much does it cost to become a personal trainer?
The Personal Trainer certificate from Kennesaw State University’s College of Graduate and Professional Education is $1,499. There are plenty of financial aid options available.
What is the average salary of a personal trainer?
The average salary of a personal trainer in the metro Atlanta area is about $61,000. This salary may vary depending on the location of employment.