Are you an entrepreneur, employee, or a business striving to expand brand awareness, increase exposure, and boost the bottom line? You should invest in one of the fastest moving mediums by gaining the knowledge of how to effectively use social media for marketing your business. Our Social Media and Marketing course will provide you with all the necessary skills needed to manage your social media accounts.
If you don’t believe us, check out the top three reasons to get a social media certificate:
- In a growing digital world, this certificate will help you stand out.Social media is growing exponentially and becoming even more accessible. According to Burning Glass, over 18,900 jobs were postings in the metro-Atlanta area seeking social media strategy professionals. This certificate will help you stand out from the pool of candidates by adding another credential to your resume.
- This certificate will equip you with the knowledge to prosper in this growing field. Burning Glass predicts social media jobs will grow by 3.4%. These positions entail more than just social media management. The course will discuss measuring metrics, legalities of social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and crowdsourcing. Your knowledge of these skills will enhance your skillset and prepare you to be a top performer in the industry.
- This is a versatile certificatethat can you get you into many doors. Every business needs social media. Whether you have a gap in your resume or need more credentials, this certification can round out your resume.
Visit the KSU Social Media Marketing Certificate page for more details about registration information, course schedules, and more.
Below is additional information about being a social media marketing professional.
What are the job functions and duties of a social media marketing professional?
- Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various departments
- Provide training and guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies
- Collect customer data and analyses interactions and visits, plus uses this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Grow and expand social media presence
- Research and monitor activity of your organization and its competitors
- Create and distribute engaging written or graphic content
What are the necessary qualities of someone who wants to be a social media marketing professional?
- Open to and ready for change
- Effective communicator
- Well-established social presence
- Good time-management skills
- Analytic thinking skills
Where can social media marketers work?
Social media marketing professionals can work in-house at an organization, with clients at a marketing agency, or do freelance work.
What is the average salary of social media marketing professionals?
The average salary of social media marketers various depending on numerous factors, but the average salary nationwide is $54,718. However, depending on your city, the company you’re working for, your skills, education, and experience, this can vary from $30,000 to $85,000.
What is the job outlook for social media marketers?
The job outlook from 2019 to 2029 is expected to increase by 3.4%. This is just above average for all occupations. With the recent explosion of the need to have an online presence, this number is expected to increase even more.
Where are social media marketing jobs available?
Because social media marketing jobs are available as in-person and remote positions, it is possible to live anywhere to land a social media job. However, if you live in a busy city with many businesses, you may be a more favorable candidate.
What are the qualifications that I need to become a social media marketing professional?
As all other fields, social media marketing requires various qualifications depending on the place. If you choose to work in-house for an organization or for a marketing agency, they likely will require either a bachelor’s or master’s degree and/or previous experience. However, freelance work can be done on your own time, and with the right education, you will be able to use your freelance work as experience to allow you to advance in your career.
To register for the Social Media Marketing Certification program, click here.