Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate Program: Begin or Advance Your Career!
Are you looking to enter the exciting world of architectural drawing? To meet the growing demand for technology instruction, we are now offering the Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate program to introduce students to this widely-used building information modeling (BIM) software.
“Autodesk Revit has been requested many times by our students and we are thrilled to introduce Revit Architecture Essentials to our certificate programs,” said Rebecca Mattox, program manager at CCPE. “Revit is listed as a hot technology and is used by many professionals across multiple fields, including architecture, construction, landscaping and interior design. Our Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate will introduce students to the vital functions of the software from the lens of an architect.”
Below are some commonly asked questions and details about this exciting certificate program.
What will students learn?
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software
- Use basic sketching and modifying tools
- Link CAD and Revit files to begin a project
- Create levels and grids as datum elements for a model
- Create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Add component features to a model, such as furniture and equipment
- Add floors, ceilings, and roofs to a building model
- Model stairs, railings, and ramps
- Set up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
Who should enroll in the Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate program?
- Architectural staff or project managers seeking practical experience with building information modeling
- Drafting professionals who desire to transition from traditional board design and drawing techniques
- Designers and engineers who need to learn and use state-of-the-art tools
- Individuals considering building information modeling as a career
Who is the instructor?
The Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate program will be taught by Dzan Ta. Mr. Ta is a seasoned Autodesk technical specialist as well as an Autodesk Certified Instructor. He is one of only 400 Autodesk Expert Elite members in the world. In addition, he is a Bluebeam Certified Instructor. Currently a Lead AEC Application Engineer, Mr. Ta excels at teaching and supporting clients with Autodesk products.
Are there prerequisites for this certificate program?
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, along with completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Once you complete the Basic Skills Assessment, you will be directed to the Program Application.
An understanding of architectural terminology will be an asset for this program and is highly recommended.
How long will this certificate program take to complete?
The Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate consists of 10 sessions. Each session is held at the KSU Center and will last approximately four hours.
What is the cost for this certificate program?
The total cost for the program is $1,299.00.
Is financial aid available?
Financial aid options for our certificate programs are listed on our website.
Are there additional requirements?
A textbook is required at the first class meeting and can be purchased at the KSU Center bookstore. A free educational download of Revit is available to CCPE Revit Students. Further instructions will be given on the first day of class.
Will earning the Revit Architecture Certificate prepare me for the National Autodesk Certification Exam?
This course is helpful for those preparing to sit for the national Autodesk certification exam. However, additional training or work with the software is recommended before pursuing the certification.
What are the job prospects in the architectural field?
Employment of architects is expected to grow 10% through 2026 with the best opportunities for workers with experience and formal training using building information modeling technology.
Median salaries in the field*
- $78,470 – Architects
- $91,370 – Construction Managers
- $137,720 – Architectural and Engineering Managers
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where can I learn more about the program and register?
You can learn more about the Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate program by attending an information session at Open House and by registering for a webinar session.
You can register for the program here.