For many students, basic math is a struggle. But for students and teachers in Singapore, math is much more intuitive. Singaporean students have been top mathematics performers for over a decade! In this teacher training course, you’ll learn over two dozen strategies to make math click for your students. We’ll begin by exploring what Singapore Math is and how it has become such a powerful and highly regarded math curriculum. Then we’ll talk about how number sense and place value instruction are the basis for all Singapore Math. From there, we’ll learn a variety of computational strategies to make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division a cinch.
- Discover new computational strategies using Singapore math techniques.
- Describe the importance of building number sense and place value instruction.
- Demonstrate addition and subtraction strategies using Singapore math.
- Demonstrate multiplication and division strategies using Singapore math.
- Use rendering, layout, and design to create realism and persuasion in a piece of art.
- Integrate computational strategies into your curriculum.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
#1: Singapore Math: Number Sense and Computational Strategies - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
Speed Spanish II – Online (Self Paced)
Integrating Technology in the Classroom – Online (Self Paced)
Speed Spanish – Online (Self Paced)
Spanish in the Classroom – Online (Self Paced)
Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities – Online (Self Paced)
Teaching Writing – Grades K-3 – Online (Self Paced)