Beginner’s Guide to Getting Published – Online
If your goal is to become a published freelance writer of fiction or nonfiction for books or magazines, this comprehensive course will help you guide your work directly into the hands of an editor and onto the shelves of your favorite stores. Your success in the writing game will be determined by the amount of credibility publishers attach to you and your work. If you have credibility, getting your manuscript published will no longer be a dream. It will become reality. This course will teach you how to give yourself the kind of credibility you need to succeed. If you really want to be a writer, this step-by-step course will give you all the tools you need to get published – again and again and again.
- Learn why it’s difficult breaking in, easier first publishing markets, and writing for newspapers.
- Learn how writing contests offer publishing credibility, payment for your contest submissions, and republishing opportunities.
- Learn how and where to find the right publisher for your work, the business of subsidy and vanity publishing, and the pros and cons of self-publishing.
- Learn about mailing in your submissions, submitting manuscripts simultaneously, and receiving offers and rejections.
- Learn about writer’s clubs, writer’s conferences and colonies, and how to overcome writer’s block.
This course is part of the Advanced Creative Writing Certificate.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date 04/14/2021
- End Date 06/04/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.