Floral Design Certificate – Online
The Preston Bailey Fundamentals of Floral Design program is an opportunity for students to learn the fundamentals of floral design from Preston Bailey, the industry’s most highly regarded floral design expert.The course is designed for beginners who have no experience with flowers, flower arranging, or floral design. Students learn the tricks that every good professional floral designer depends on. They also gain a strong foundation in the basics, which prepares them for learning the more complex techniques of Preston’s unique floral designs. Students who complete this course also have the unique opportunity to apply for internships with Preston and his team at Preston Bailey Designs. Please view the course syllabus for additional information on the internship.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and fundamental knowledge of floral design tools
- Recognize each flower and gain knowledge of seasonality and availability
- Identify the most common types of greenery and the basic fundamentals of purchasing flowers wholesale when preparing for the design of flowers for an event
- Understand the purpose for processing and how it affects the outcome and longevity of a floral design
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the methods used to process flowers for design
- Understand how selected flowers are designed individually in preparation for a design concept
- Understanding of how to prepare, design, and structure a flower for a design concept
- Identify various materials that fall within the floral design practice
- Identify materials other than flowers that can be used within a floral design concept
- Set up an internship in your local area
Requirements: This program is compatible with Windows, Mac, and a variety of browsers and browser versions. Microsoft Word and Windows Media Player or a similar program are required. Microsoft PowerPoint is recommended, but not required. You must have e-mail access. Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins. Also, you are required to source local flowers and other floral arrangement supplies to complete assignments (not included in enrollment).
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 240
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 24
- Fee $1,795
No extra information available at this moment.