Who will you discover? What new branch of your family will you find? If you’re a newcomer or an amateur genealogist, this course will help guide you to the most useful Web sites where you can search for family names. Tracing your family’s history is a fascinating journey, as you’ll see through hands-on examples that help you dig deeper into your family’s past. The course explains in simple terms where to look, who to contact, and how to make your family history come alive.
- Learn to identify the techniques of gathering family information and explore interview styles.
- Develop research time-lines and learn to locate records that will be the most helpful.
- Learn what census records are available, where to obtain them, and how to analyze them.
- Learn the immigration patterns to America and discover how to use naturalization and passport documents.
- Discover the value of researching newspapers, city directories and periodicals.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: Genealogy Basics - Online
|Start Date||October 13, 2021|
|End Date||December 03, 2021|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: