Mystery Writing – Online
Using vivid examples from bestselling mystery novels, this course will teach you the techniques you need to become a successful author. Topics include three-act structure, the difference between plot and story, theme, premise, characters and viewpoint, plus much more. Develop your original story idea and then brainstorm with the instructor and your fellow students in each lesson’s discussion area.
- Discover the four different story types, and explore how they’ve been combined to create some great mysteries.
- Understand the difference between plot and story, the single most important concept in fiction writing.
- Explore the relationship between passion, theme, character, and premise.
- Create your protagonist, antagonist, and other characters, and invent their flaws.
- Master the nine checkpoints around which you’ll construct your mystery.
- Learn the easy way to expand your mystery’s structure into a story outline.
- Explore the amazing way that scene and sequel intertwine to create your mystery.
- Select the viewpoint that will work best for your mystery, and understand its benefits and limitations.
- Incorporate suspense, misdirection, and deductive reasoning as you finish structuring your mystery.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start Date 02/10/2021
- End Date 04/02/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.