Publisher Introduction – Online
In this hands-on, project-oriented class for beginners, you’ll learn how to design, create, and publish a wide variety of stunning documents using Microsoft Publisher – one of the most affordable and comprehensive desktop publishing packages available.
You’ll find out how Publisher’s built-in layouts and templates can help you quickly complete virtually any desktop publishing project. Then you’ll see the many ways you can modify those templates in order to create impressive and truly original works of your own. You’ll gain valuable experience in designing and publishing newsletters, brochures, and Web sites. If you’re new to graphic design, you’ll receive plenty of expert guidance in selecting and using images, colors, and layouts.
- Open, save, and close a file, become comfortable with the elements of the main Publisher window, and use menus and toolbars.
- Create and format drawing objects, insert clip art, import picture files.
- Create, format, and work with tables in Publisher.
- Use connecting text boxes and columns, continue a story from one page to another, create a sidebar, and insert pictures.
- Plan for and create a predesigned Web site and one from scratch; use Web site promotion techniques, choose color and texture backgrounds, add and format text, add and delete pages, create hyperlinks, and preview the site.
- Add graphics and sound, convert print publications into Web sites, and publish to the Web.
- Create a predesigned brochure and one from scratch.
- Understand the basics of commercial printing; convert a publication to the format necessary for commercial printing.
- Create, change, and use a template.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Microsoft Publisher 2010, or 2013. This course is not suitable for Macintosh users. Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start Date 10/16/2019
- End Date 12/06/2019
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.