One of the great things about nonfiction book writing is that you’re 10 times more likely to get published than you’d be if you wrote fiction. Whether you dream of becoming a full-time author, writing books to advance your career, or penning your memoir or family history, this fun and information-packed course will teach you how to plan, research, write, edit, and publish your masterpiece. First you’ll learn how to choose a topic, appraise the competition, and immerse yourself in your subject by performing research and interviews. Then you’ll get into the heart of writing and editing as we explore structure, style, and strategies for getting the work done. Finally, you’ll delve into the publishing industry and learn how to write winning query letters and proposals for publishers and agents or pursue a variety of nontraditional publishing options.
- Learn about all the writing options open to nonfiction authors, and start shaping your book idea.
- Pinpoint your book’s audience, create a working title, and start thinking about the writing style you’ll use.
- Organize your content and chapters, and learn to give each chapter an enticing beginning, solid middle, and satisfying end.
- Edit your own work, solicit feedback from reviewers, and get tips for hiring professional editors and proofreaders if you need them.
- Find agents or publishers likely to be interested in your book.
- Explore nontraditional publishing in detail, from designing your cover to setting your book’s price.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: Write and Publish Your Nonfiction Book - Online
|Start Date||October 13, 2021|
|End Date||December 03, 2021|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: