Writing Essentials – Online
Master the essentials of writing! In this course, you’ll hone the skills you need to communicate clearly on the job, express yourself fluently online, and show off your creative literary talents. You’ll improve your writing skills by learning to pick the right words, punctuate to perfection, and avoid common spelling errors. Then you’ll find out how to put it all together by crafting well-written sentences, building effective paragraphs, and organizing your material logically. Finally, you’ll discover how to make the most of e-mails and other forms of electronic communication. Hands-on activities will help you put your powerful new skills to use right away.
- Find out how to choose effective words and avoid common word choice pitfalls.
- Find out how to choose the right words and use them correctly.
- Review and practice using semicolons, colons, dashes, parentheses, ellipses, apostrophes, quotation marks, italics, and hyphens correctly.
- Discover how to organize a paragraph, where to break one paragraph and start another, and how to sequence paragraphs effectively.
- Explore how to write well using electronic media such as e-mail, instant messaging, social networking, and texting.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start Date 11/11/2020
- End Date 01/01/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.