Administrative Medical Specialist Certificate – Online
The medical industry is experiencing a tremendous demand for individuals with knowledge of medical office operations, which includes billing and coding, processing insurance forms, and using medical software. The Administrative Medical Specialist with Medical Billing and Coding will give you the skills you need to find the job YOU are looking for as an Administrative Medical Specialist (AMS), Medical Billing Specialist, Medical Coder, and/or Medical Office Manager. Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to sit for the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exams offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA). The registration fee for both exams are included with this program.
In addition to the extensive Medical Billing and Coding instruction, you will learn all the tasks and skills for an Administrative Medical Specialist, including those in the “front office” and the Business Office. These include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate in the healthcare industry, including therapeutic and multicultural communication
- Reduce occupational hazards in the workplace, including blood-borne pathogens
- Safeguard patient confidentiality in the computerized medical office, discover the importance of the medical record, and learn the ambulatory use of the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Screen and take appropriate messages and fax confidential information
- Use different types of patient scheduling systems
- Recognize the contents of the medical record
- Learn the aspects of payables and receivables and become familiar with bookkeeping and practice management software
This program will prepare you for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant/Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CMAA/CBCS) dual-certification exams offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) once all other eligibility requirements have been met. This course includes study guide materials, access to practice exams, and the registration fees for the CMAA and CBCS exams. Students must schedule exams and select a testing location directly through NHA. Eligibility requirements can be found on the NHA website at www.nhanow.com.
This course will also help students prepare for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam and the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam.
Prerequisite: Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent in order to sit for national certification exams.
Requirements: This course can be taken on a PC or Mac. Use the latest version of Windows XP, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or IE & and later browsers. Internet connection, a personal email account, Microsoft Office, and Windows Media Player are required.
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- A Guide to Health Insurance Billing
- CPT Standard Edition
- HCPCS Level II
- ICD-10-CM Professional for Physicians
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Desk Dictionary
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions
After successfully completing the program, you’ll also receive access to the National Healthcare Association (NHA) online practice exams and study guide, to help you study for your certification exam.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 12 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 500
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 50
- Fee $2,695
No extra information available at this moment.