Advanced Hospital Coding Certificate – Online
If you are currently working in a physician’s office or billing service, this program will give you the edge you need to advance in the workplace. Most hospitals will only hire coders with previous exposure to facility coding or who are already certified. Training on the job is a luxury most hospitals are unable to offer. Coders of all levels must undergo continuing education to stay current with the constantly changing regulations.
The AHC program covers advanced, hospital-specific coding and billing procedures and is designed to help students meet the challenge of today’s changing standards. This program will utilize your existing knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare sciences. Your coding skills will be heightened and focused, preparing you for employment testing and successful completion of the CCS exam.
- Understand how health information travels within departments of a facility
- Be able to define the roles and responsibilities of a coder in both inpatient and outpatient facilities
- Assign ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT/ HCPCS Level II codes and modifiers
- Know how to interpret clinical documentation using your knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, and disease processes
- Select codes according to Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Sets (UHDDS) definitions and official coding guidelines
- Evaluate the effect of code selection on Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) assignment, and verify DRG assignment based on Prospective Payment System (PPS) definitions
- Indicate Medical Necessity by linking an appropriate diagnosis with the procedure or service provided.
- Understand reimbursement methodologies
- Describe documentation rules and regulations
Advanced Hospital Coding students should have:
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum two years of experience with medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, pathology
- ICD-9-CM coding experience or ICD-10-CM/PCS coding experience or previous training
- CPT/HCPCS Level II coding experience or previous training
- Coding and Reimbursement for Hospital Inpatient Services
- Professional Review Guide for the CCS/CCS-P Examination (1yr of access to e-book)
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- Healthcare Professional Coding System (HCPCS) Level II
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 10
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 10
- Fee $1,995
No extra information available at this moment.