Certified Healthcare and Eldercare Mediator Certificate – Online
With Healthcare as one of the leading growth industries in the United States, the need for mediation and arbitration is forecast to grow at a much higher rate than other specialization. Using the InAccord mediation model combined with family and eldercare mediation issues, you will learn to help companies and individuals resolve simple and complex issues between providers, patients, billing services, doctors, nurses and their families. In this program, you will learn how to effectively help others negotiate and collaborate through the most difficult disputes using the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for mediation. The Mediators Without Borders Certified Healthcare and Eldercare Mediator program will prepare you for a meaningful career in variety of different health care settings.Learning Objectives:
- Articulate the use of the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for use in healthcare and eldercare mediation
- Examine the Three Phases and Four Stages of the InAccord® model
- Explore the pre-interview and post interview phases of the InAccord® mediation as applied to health and eldercare disputes
- Apply the Touchstone Skills of questioning, reflecting, and reframing to simulated mediation cases
- Apply InAccord® surveys to simulated cases and analyze the results
- Examine ways the healthcare system and eldercare issues generate conflict
- Understand theories related to healthcare and family systems and apply concepts to healthcare/eldercare disputes
- Identify common healthcare and eldercare disputes and the various roles played by involved parties
- Understand the mental and physical effects of aging and apply mediation to specific issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of mediation ethics and bioethical standards as they apply to healthcare and eldercare issues
Prerequisites: There are no pre-requisites for this program. Using a computer browser and Microsoft Word are necessary to complete the assignments and navigate the online campus. Students should have basic computer skills and be comfortable navigating the Internet and using e-mail. Students must be willing to learn to write at a professional level in order to generate contracts and fulfill various written tasks related to mediation and restorative justice.
Requirements: This program can be taken on a Mac or a PC. It is compatible with Windows Vista and later operating systems, IE 8 and later browsers, and Microsoft Word 2003 or higher on a PC. The program is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (with Java 6) and later operating systems, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari 5.1.9 or later browsers. Microsoft Word 2011 or higher is also required on a Mac. We highly recommend that you use Internet Explorer in place of other web browsers.
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Windows Media Player, and Skype are required. Free downloads are available online. You need to have a microphone installed on your computer to participate in the role play practices. If you do not have a microphone installed, you are required to purchase a headset with a built-in microphone prior to enrolling.
View the course syllabusFor our online course refund policy, click here.This is a start anytime program. You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make a 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Articulate the use of the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for use in healthcare and eldercare mediation
- Total Hours 240
- Class Sessions 0
- Location Examine ways the healthcare system and eldercare issues generate conflict
- Cities Understand theories related to healthcare and family systems and apply concepts to healthcare/eldercare disputes, GA
- CEUs 24
- Fee $3,895
No extra information available at this moment.