Chartered Tax Professional Certificate – Online
Recent economic changes make it more important than ever for taxpayers to claim all of the credits and deductions due to them and to pay no more than the exact amount of taxes they owe. As a result, qualified tax preparers are in high demand. Learn to prepare tax returns for individuals, small business corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. In fact, you can start working and earning money while completing the program. After successfully finishing just the first two modules in the Chartered Tax Professional Certificate Program, you’ll be qualified to prepare individual tax returns for almost all U.S. taxpayers.
Prerequisite: A high school diploma or equivalent is a prerequisite for this program. Accounting and specific math skills aren’t required, just the aptitude to work with numbers and people and to read and interpret the tax laws.This program is suitable for all adults who seek a fast track to a professional white-collar career. Tax preparation is especially appealing to those who would enjoy helping other people by making the intimidating task of tax preparation a pleasant experience, while saving their clients money by minimizing their tax liabilities.
If you are taking this course to begin a career in taxation you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Complete Comprehensive Tax Course (located within program)
- Register with the IRS and get a PTIN
- Begin preparing tax returns as a tax preparer
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Practice as a qualified tax professional
- Prepare tax returns for all individual U.S. taxpayers
- Prepare small businesses corporate, partnership, and sole-proprietor tax returns
- Conduct a professional tax preparation client interview
- Provide tax planning for individuals and small business owners
- Meet the IRS e-File and due diligence requirements for tax practitioners
- Understand the ethical responsibilities of tax professionals
- Prepare for the IRS Enrolled Agent (EA) examination
After successfully completing the first course in the CTP certificate program, you will be qualified to prepare individual tax returns for almost all U.S. taxpayers and will also have the tax knowledge to successfully pass the IRS Competency Exam. A CTP is also able to prepare returns for small business corporations and partnership and more complex sole proprietorships. As a CTP you will have the tax knowledge and experience to prepare for the IRS Enrolled Agent (EA) exam, if you wish to add the coveted EA credential to your professional designation as a CTP.
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
The Steps to Becoming a CTP
1. Successfully complete The Income Tax School series of six 30-hour Income Tax Programs (four additional Programs beyond the 60-hour Comprehensive Tax Program). An average grade of at least 80% must be attained (our adult students average 90%+).
2. Meet the experience requirement of working at least two tax seasons (a minimum of 500 hours) as a tax preparer while in the program (prior tax preparation experience will count for experienced tax professionals who test out of the basic and/or intermediate programs).
After completing this comprehensive certificate program, you’ll be well prepared to handle almost any individual and small business income tax situation you encounter. You’ll also be ready to take the next step in your career as a tax professional by preparing for and taking the IRS Enrolled Agent (EA) exam. The EA designation is the most significant credential in the income tax preparation industry, even more relevant than the CPA designation.
Requirements: This program can be taken from either a Mac or a PC. This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. Each of the four modules is accompanied by a student text. The entire text is provided online; however, hard copies of student texts are also provided at the start of each program for your convenience and future reference. You will receive the following materials:
- Federal Forms
- Federal Worksheets
- Tax Preparer Resources
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 18 months to complete this course. You must make an 80 or higher as your final grade in each course to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 180
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 18
- Fee $1,995
No extra information available at this moment.