Gain the knowledge necessary to earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA v7) credential, preparing you for a career in networking. In this course, you will develop a comprehensive foundation for designing, securing, operating, and troubleshooting computer networks on a scale from small business networks to enterprise networks. Discover how architectures, models, protocols, and networking elements that connect users, devices, applications, and data through the Internet as well as how IP addressing and Ethernet function. Routing operations and switching technologies that support small-to-medium business networks, including wireless local area networks (WLAN) and security concepts are also discussed. Finally, you will learn to describe the architectures and considerations related to wide area network (WAN) technologies, quality of service (QoS) mechanisms for secure remote access, along with software-defined networking, virtualization, & automation concepts supporting network digitization. You will build these skills through hands-on learning and essential career skills, like problem solving and collaboration. This program includes a series of 3 courses from Cisco:
- Introduction to Networks (ITN)
- Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials (SRWE)
- Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation (ENSA)
This course requires extensive study both inside and outside of the classroom. Reading, homework, and practice will be expected outside of class.
Prerequisite: Textbooks are required at the first class meeting and are available at the KSU Center bookstore. Internet access is required. High school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree preferred). Students must have access to a Windows PC, or a virtual Windows or Ubuntu Linux environment, in order to complete course assignments. 1GB USB required for class. Students should have a firm grasp of network administration, IP connectivity, IP security, network fundamentals, network access, automation, and programmability before taking this course.
- Compare and contrast the TCP/IP model layers and the OSI model layers.
- Implement initial settings on a router.
- Implement initial settings including passwords, IP addressing, and default gateway parameters on a network switch.
- Explain how Ethernet operates in a switched network.
- Calculate an IPv4 subnetting scheme to segment a network.
- Implement an IPv6 addressing scheme.
- Configure switches and routers with device hardening features to enhance security.
- Implement a network design for a small network to include a router, a switch, and end devices.
- Describe common network troubleshooting methodologies.
- Implement virtual local area networks (VLANs) and trunking in a switched network.
- Explain how spanning tree protocol (STP) operates in a simple, switched network.
- Troubleshoot EtherChannel on switched links.
- Implement a wireless local area network (WLAN) using a wireless router.
- Implement dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCPv4) to operate across multiple local area networks (LANs).
- Explain how routers use information in packets to make forwarding decisions.
- Troubleshoot common wireless configuration issues.
- Describe how vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits can be mitigated to enhance network security.
- Explain how access control lists (ACLs) are used as part of a network security policy.
- Configure static and dynamic network address translation (NAT) using the command line interface (CLI).
- Describe benefits of virtual private network (VPN) technology.
- Explain how networking devices implement quality of service (QoS).
- Describe the characteristics of scalable network architectures.
- Troubleshoot enterprise networks.
No instructor information available at this time.
#1: Cisco CCNA Certificate
|Start Date||February 04, 2023|
|End Date||August 19, 2023|
|01||Saturday, 02/04/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|02||Saturday, 02/11/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|03||Saturday, 02/18/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|04||Saturday, 02/25/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|05||Saturday, 03/04/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|06||Saturday, 03/11/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|07||Saturday, 03/18/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|08||Saturday, 03/25/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|09||Saturday, 04/01/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|10||Saturday, 04/08/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|11||Saturday, 04/15/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|12||Saturday, 04/22/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|13||Saturday, 04/29/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|14||Saturday, 05/06/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|15||Saturday, 05/13/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|16||Saturday, 05/20/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|17||Saturday, 06/03/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|18||Saturday, 06/10/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|19||Saturday, 06/24/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|20||Saturday, 07/08/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|21||Saturday, 07/15/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|22||Saturday, 07/22/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|23||Saturday, 07/29/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|24||Saturday, 08/05/2023||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|25||Saturday, 08/12/2023||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
|26||Saturday, 08/19/2023||08:00 AM - 12:00 PM||KSU Center||ClassRoom||n/a|
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA: For students interested in using WIOA funding, please submit the WIOA application as soon as possible to allow up to 6 weeks for WIOA processing.
- Education Loans
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: