Clinical Dental Assistant Certificate – Online
The Clinical Dental Assistant Online Training Program will prepare you to become a productive member of a dental team as a certified dental assistant. You’ll learn about every aspect of professional dental assisting, including invaluable real-world perspectives from experienced dental assistants and essential information about anatomy and physiology, preventive dentistry, patient care and communication, radiology, pharmacology, anesthesia, assisting in specialty practices, employment strategies, and much more. Upon finishing this program, you’ll be prepared to take the radiology and infection control portions of the Dental Assisting National Board exam. For information about the DANB exam, please click here.
CERTIFIED DENTAL ASSISTANT, CDA AND DANB are trademarks of the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB). This program is not reveiwed or endorsed by the DANB.
- Describe the progression of dental disease and preventive techniques.
- Identify the deciduous and permanent teeth and their functions, as well as anatomical landmarks of the head and neck.
- Identify the chain of infection, routes of transmission, and techniques used in sterilization and disinfection.
- Complete patient charting, take vital signs, and describe steps for emergency management.
- Set up trays for dental procedures and understand instrument transfer techniques.
- Expose and process quality radiographs.
- Identify dental materials and describe their uses.
- Describe the role of a dental assistant in each of the nine dental specialties.
Prerequisite: Students should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer skills are required. No healthcare or medical office work experience is required. A current CPR certification is required for employment, but it’s not required for this program.
Requirements: You must access this program with a PC or IBM-compatible computer. This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach
Dental Assisting Instrument Guide
Certification Exam Review for Dental Assisting: Prepare, Practice and Pass!
Dental Assisting: Interactive Skills and Procedures
Flossing and Brushing Teaching Model
Pediatric Hygiene Kits
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here. You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 240
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 24
- Fee $2,095
No extra information available at this moment.