Creating Web Pages (HTML) – Online (Self Paced)
Create and post your very own Web site on the Internet in this extensive, hands-on, six week workshop. First, you’ll learn about the capabilities of the World Wide Web and the fundamentals of web design. Then, with your instructor’s patient guidance, you’ll plan the content, structure and layout of your Web site, create pages full of neatly formatted text, build links between the pages and to the outside world, and add color, backgrounds, graphics, tables, hot buttons, and animation. You’ll also learn critical and timely information on securing the best possible location in search engine listings, and powerful no-cost or low-cost web marketing strategies.
- Understand the history of the World Wide Web.
- Gain experience in aligning and formatting text on a Web page.
- Learn how to incorporate graphics into a Web page.
- Gain an understanding of various techniques for optimizing images for the Web.
- Discover several important strategies that could help improve your positioning with most major search engines.
- Develop an ability to build fully functional Web site by incorporating a variety of links between Web pages.
- Find out how to use tables to better organize text, images, and links on a Web page.
- Understand how an HTML authoring system differs from a text editor.
- Discover several important factors to consider before selecting a domain name and/or host for your Web site.
- Gain practical experience uploading your site to the World Wide Web.
“I enjoyed the course. It was well organized and easy to follow. If there were questions they were quickly answered in the discussion area.”
– M. Pirro, Acworth, GA
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.