Designing Effective Websites – Online
These days, creating a Web site is so easy almost anyone can do it. But with all the competition on the Web, creating a site that’s effective is more challenging than ever. To do that, you need to employ good design principles. Regardless of your current skills or level of knowledge, in this course you’ll master the basics of Web design and learn how to build sites that are better and more effective. Get ready to take your Web design skills to the next level!
Prerequisite: Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent HTML or Web authoring tool experience)
- Learn the key elements of creating the conceptual design including identifying your target audience and determining the purpose of your website.
- Understand the basics of user-centered design including navigation aids, design integrity and stability, and graceful degradation.
- Become familiar with design considerations such as visual hierarchy, page dimensions, and white space.
- Learn the use of titles, headlines, and subheads to assist readers in navigating your site and be able to understand the types of links used in websites and the challenges they pose.
- Explore the ways in which multimedia is currently being used in websites and the ways in which it may be incorporated in the future.
This course is part of the Web Design Certificate.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and completion of Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent experience). Optional: an Imaging program, such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (any version), and a Web page authoring tool, such as Dreamweaver, FrontPage, or Microsoft Expression Web.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- Start Date 02/10/2021
- End Date 04/02/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.