Discover Sign Language – Online (Self Paced)
MUST CALL TO REGISTER: 470-578-6765 or 470-578-6693
Gain an introduction to sign language itself, and learn to create the signs for numbers and the alphabet. Discover how to sign phrases and expand to complete sentences, then put it all together to introduce yourself and start a conversation. Learn signs for colors, numbers, where you live, family, and activities. You will learn by watching videos that demonstrate how to make the signs and how to incorporate facial expressions to communicate in this beautiful language. This course is taught using the best practices of the industry with a minimum of audio support. Explore culture and topics such as lipreading, baby signs, and the career of interpreting.
- Learn how to introduce yourself and become familiar with the various customs of conversation.
- Discover signs for common topics of conversation such as family, location, and activities.
- Learn how to sign numbers and use them to express time and time frames such as yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Express feelings and personality traits as well as physical descriptions using sign combinations.
- Learn to sign phrases such as “Happy Birthday” and even foods and animals.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.