www.ed2go.com/ksuconed/ to register for this class.
Teaching students with disabilities is a rewarding challenge, and this course gives you the tools you’ll need to succeed. First, you’ll put yourself in the shoes of students with special needs as you explore a wide variety of disabilities ranging from autism to cerebral palsy. Next, you’ll master simple and effective techniques for fostering the reading, writing, and math skills of special needs students. And finally, you’ll discover ways to help these learners behave appropriately and make friends in your classroom.
- Examine the process for identifying children in need of special education, and see what an Individualized Education Program (IEP) is all about.
- Learn the basics about learning disabilities and pick up some great tricks for helping children with memory problems.
- Discover what speech and language disorders are, and find out how you can assist kids with these problems.
- Learn about students with intellectual disabilities, severe behavior problems, visual disabilities, hearing disabilities, and ADHD.
- Identify the characteristics of students with autism, and learn how to help them by using social stories.
- Explore ways to grade fairly, teach core skills effectively, and balance IEP goals with curriculum standards.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
#1: Empowering Students with Disabilities - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: