Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are always hearing things like “Try harder,” “Pay attention,” and “Sit still.” And they’d love to do these things—but they don’t know how! In this course, you’ll learn practical ways to help children with ADHD control their behavior and succeed in school. These lessons, based on real students in real classrooms, will arm you with powerful strategies you can put to use immediately. In addition, you’ll explore myths and facts about ADHD and see how this condition affects motivation, activity level, attention, and memory. By the time you’re done, you’ll have the skills and knowledge you need to help students with ADHD compensate for their problems and achieve their full potential.
- Learn the basics about ADHD: myths versus reality, common behaviors, executive functioning problems, and beginning strategies for success.
- Explore the issue of effort and how students with ADHD can learn to change their behavior when they understand more about their own brain chemistry.
- Gain an understanding of wandering attention in students with ADHD and interventions that can help.
- Understand how ADHD can impact academic performance in reading, writing, and math.
- Find out about additional tools that will enhance student focus, attention, and learning.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
#1: Teaching Students with ADHD - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below:
FAFL- Forensic Medicine for Educators
Social Sciences Building
Discover Sign Language – Online (Self Paced)
Understanding Adolescents – Online (Self Paced)
Speed Spanish – Online (Self Paced)
Teaching Writing – Grades K-3 – Online (Self Paced)
Teaching Adult Learners – Online* (Self Paced)