Learn the basics of employment law so you can legally hire, evaluate, and manage employees.
- Discover the difference between an employee and an independent contractor.
- Identify laws that govern employee benefits, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Explore recruitment processes, resume screening, job offers, evaluation processes, termination, and more.
- Learn about the litigation process used to resolve disputes in court, the EEOC process, and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- Take a deeper look into Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discover the many issues related to workplace safety by learning about OSHA’s general and specific duty provisions, workers’ compensation, and violence prevention.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Compatible with PC or Mac. Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari) and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, but no offerings are available now. Please come back and check regularly for more information.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: