ESL Grammar – Online
ESL Grammar includes in-depth analysis of English grammar for intermediate to advanced English as Second Language college students. Structure of Standard English is explored in order to prepare the learner for regular mainstream English classes. Topics include a review of all tenses, the use of modals, the adjective clause, the noun clause, the adverb clause, phrases, count and non-count nouns and some English terms. The course is designed to provide students ample opportunities to apply their knowledge to their particular areas of study throughout college and beyond. As one of the required courses in most college ESL programs to transfer to mainstream English or to transfer to a university, this course establishes a foundation for continuous learning and serves as a complement to other courses the student may be taking or will take.
Note: This course is designed for intermediate to advanced level ESL students. A basic understanding of English grammar is required.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of grammar.
- Acquire skills in recognizing major verb tenses and verb forms.
- Develop a mastery in the use of count and non-count nouns.
- Develop a mastery in the use of the perfect tense: present perfect, past perfect and future perfect.
- Understand of the difference between active and passive voice.
- Understand adjective and adverb clauses and phrases.
- Review ESL common trouble spots.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, email, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and a basic understanding of English grammar.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 02/10/2021
- End Date 04/02/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.