GED Preparation – Online (Self Paced)
If you’re comfortable reading a high school textbook, doing math basic operations like fractions and decimals without a calculator, and writing a short letter in English, you’re ready to get started! This course will help you analyze your strengths and weaknesses so you can focus your studying on the areas that you need most. You’ll get the basics of what you need to know to succeed on the four GED® test modules: Reasoning Through Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematical Reasoning. After completion of this course, you should be well-equipped to take—and pass—the GED® test!
Note: Some GED Testing Centers require proof that you have passed a GED preparation course or the official GED Practice Tests (OPT’s) before you can take the official GED tests. Before enrolling in this course, please check with the official GED Testing Center where you intend to take your tests to make sure that this course will meet their requirements.
- Learn information about the GED testing process and reading strategies.
- Apply basics of grammar to practice with the correction, revision, and construction shift questions used on the writing test.
- Construct a GED essay.
- Identify key events in U.S. and Canadian history for the social studies content areas.
- Explore the social studies content areas of civics and government, economics, and geography.
- Apply the scientific method of problem solving to the understanding of life science topics.
- Examine the physics, chemistry, earth science, and space topics and practice each topic.
- Get acquainted with the elements of fiction.
- Find out how to interpret and read poetry, drama, and nonfiction.
- Discover what you need to know about the test form, the calculator, and the problem solving to be successful on the GED Math Test.
- Practice fraction, decimal, and percent GED type questions so you feel confident with the format.
- Check out the algebra, geometry, and statistics you need to know to pass the GED.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.