Did you know, in 1916 the average life expectancy in America was 49.6 years for males and 54.3 years for females? Today, those numbers have greatly increased to 76.4 and 81.2, respectively (CDC). As a result, by 2030, roughly 31 million Americans will be older than 75, the largest such population in American history (U.S. Census Bureau projections). Examine the revolution in the U.S. and the world as the average age continues to rise.
This certificate course is designed to offer opportunities in the field of aging for those who work with older adults. Participants will explore the major challenges facing our aging population and discover the many resources currently available to this group. This certificate is ideal for caregivers, patient advocates, senior activity directors, entrepreneurs, legal and medical practitioners or anyone who has desire to improve the lives of individuals in this demographic.
Questions? Contact Us
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
What You’ll Gain
- Increased knowledge, skills and confidence for the new challenges in the aging field
- Meet leaders and other professionals in the aging field
- Increased level of professionalism for your organization
- The aging revolution
- Theories of aging: biological, social and psychological
- Diversity of the aged population
- Personal health and well-being
- Lifespan development
- Memory and cognition
- Healthcare system
- Economics of aging
- Retirement and work
- Housing and transportation
- Leisure, recreation and education
- Family life and social support
- Death and dying
- Politics of aging
- The aging network
Individuals who currently work with aging adults or desire to work with them in the future and have a passion to help others.
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.
- Long-term care facilities
- Clinical practices
- Counseling centers
- Hospice services
- Home health services
- Research universities
- Community and government agencies
Financial Aid Options
- Payment Plans
- VA Education Benefits
- Education Loans
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
Flex Delivery Method
For your safety and convenience, we now offer our professional certificate courses in this new format.
Do you prefer to learn in our classroom or the comfort of your home? With our new Flex course format, you decide what works best for you. Our courses are taught live at a specific day and time in our clean, socially-distanced classroom and are simultaneously broadcast to our virtual classroom. With this flexible format, you choose one option when you register: to join the instructor in the physical classroom or join the class meeting remotely. Either way, you get the same quality instruction from an industry professional in a live meeting with other learners.
- Start Date 10/11/2021
- End Date 02/07/2022
- Delivery Flex
- Total Hours 41
- Class Sessions 10
- Location KSU Center
- City Kennesaw, GA
- CEUs 4.1
- Fee $999
No extra information available at this moment.