Guided Reading and Writing – Strategies for Student Achievement – Online (Self Paced)
Get the professional development training you need to improve student literacy as an accomplished teacher shares the secrets of turning guided reading strategies into opportunities for teaching writing. Find out how to harness the power of the total literacy framework. The road to literacy is also the road to ingenuity, invention, and imagination, and you’ll soon learn how to take your students from groans to grins with creative lesson plans that really work!
- Learn about the problems students have with reading and writing and how we can help.
- Explore the recipe for a strong guided reading and writing lesson.
- Use books to inspire students to write stories.
- Present nonfiction as a launching pad for article writing.
- Help students fall in love with writing poetry after reading great poems.
- Extend research material into paper writing with ease.
- Make content-area reading fun so it naturally flows into writing opportunities.
- Explore the best ways to teach and reinforce good writing habits.
- Maximize student achievement with writing conferences.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.