Health Coach Certificate
There are no classes for this course scheduled at this time, but please check back for updates or fill out our contact form to get in touch.
With the trend of corporate wellness programs surging since the 2000s, companies desire healthier employees to increase productivity and lessen health insurance claims. As a result, health coaching has become more utilized than ever before. Learn to transform the way people live by expanding your expertise in exercise science, fitness and behavior modification. This course is comprised of a combination of classroom lecture and hands-on training in our on-site fitness center.
New refurbished program coming in 2020
Questions? Contact Us
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
What You’ll Learn
- Principles of motivation
- Behavior change
- Building client rapport
Hands-on Training In
- Developing and implementing weight and stress management plans
- Incorporating physical activity to improve overall health
- Developing improved nutrition and eating habits
- Evaluating client’s current habits and creating personalized goals and action plans based on their specific needs
This certificate program will assist you in preparing for the American Council on Exercise Health Coach Certification exam. The requirements are as follows, and details are available here.
You must submit proof of one of the following:
- Current NCCA-accredited certification in fitness, nutrition, healthcare, wellness, human resources or a related field
- An associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university in fitness, exercise science, nutrition, healthcare, wellness or a related field
- A completed health coach training and education program approved by the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaches (ICHWC)
- A minimum of two years of documented work experience in coaching, leading, designing, implementing, or facilitating one or more of the following: behavior or lifestyle change, exercise, wellness, nutrition, or physical activity
“This class was a great opportunity for me. The program here at KSU was very affordable when compared to other colleges. The timeframe was great and the instructors were knowledgeable.”
— Jermile Richards, graduate
Financial Aid Options
- VA Education Benefits
- Education Loans
No extra information available at this moment.