How to Get Started in Game Development – Online
There’s never been a better time to start a career in the game development industry. Industry forecasts indicate that gaming will be worth close to $100 billion dollars in the next two years. Whether you want to start your own game project, work with a small creative team or for a large development studio, this course will prepare you to start developing your own games. Begin by learning the fundamentals of game development and get an overview of game genres, platforms, and audiences. Next, learn tools and techniques to make better design decisions and achieve greater efficiencies as you develop your own games. Learn why games fail and how to ensure your games are positioned for success. Gain hands-on experience in many game development processes. Go behind the scenes of the game design industry to see how it started and where it’s headed. Learn about the various roles in game development and how to pursue a career in the industry.
- Learn about the wide range of opportunities available in the game industry and the many genres, platforms, and audiences.
- Understand the processes of interface design and game immersion.
- Learn about hardware and software requirements of game development and how to use professional development environments to your advantage.
- Discover how to test your game’s functions and features and develop a plan for alpha, beta, and public releases.
- Learn how to prepare your game for distribution and post-production and how to make your game marketable.
- Become familiar with career fields in the game-development industry and the knowledge and skills required for each.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, the Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser, and the Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you obtain at www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 11/11/2020
- End Date 01/01/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.