Interpersonal Communication – Online (Self Paced)
MUST CALL TO REGISTER: 470-578-6765 or 470-578-6693
Communication is more than speaking, hearing, or even having a good vocabulary. This course explores strategies for success in everyday interpersonal communication. You’ll explore clear examples of verbal and nonverbal habits, effective listening, self-concept, differences in cultural and gender conversation styles, and conflict management. You’ll also gain practical strategies you can use today to improve communication at home, in social situations, and in the workplace. If you want to strengthen personal behavior and develop strategies for creating positive communication climates with family, friends, and business associates, you’re sure to find this course invaluable.
- Learn misunderstandings about communication, reasons for communication apprehension, and the importance of acknowledging the other person’s point of view.
- Learn the roles of language and how language affects, and sometimes distorts, our understanding of what’s going on around us.
- Learn the roles of facial expression, gestures and other nonverbal behaviors in the communication process.
- Learn about differences in how men and women communicate and the reasons for their different communication behaviors.
- Learn how to recognize and manage conflict, gender and intercultural differences about conflict, steps for negotiation and consensus as a means for reaching resolution.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.