Communication is more than speaking, hearing, or even having a good vocabulary. This course explores strategies for success in everyday interpersonal communication. You’ll explore clear examples of verbal and nonverbal habits, effective listening, self-concept, differences in cultural and gender conversation styles, and conflict management. You’ll also gain practical strategies you can use today to improve communication at home, in social situations, and in the workplace. If you want to strengthen personal behavior and develop strategies for creating positive communication climates with family, friends, and business associates, you’re sure to find this course invaluable.
- Learn misunderstandings about communication, reasons for communication apprehension, and the importance of acknowledging the other person’s point of view.
- Learn the roles of language and how language affects, and sometimes distorts, our understanding of what’s going on around us.
- Learn the roles of facial expression, gestures and other nonverbal behaviors in the communication process.
- Learn about differences in how men and women communicate and the reasons for their different communication behaviors.
- Learn how to recognize and manage conflict, gender and intercultural differences about conflict, steps for negotiation and consensus as a means for reaching resolution.
This course is part of the Administrative Assistant Certificate.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: Interpersonal Communication - Online
|Start Date||February 09, 2022|
|End Date||April 01, 2022|
#2: Interpersonal Communication - Online
|Start Date||March 16, 2022|
|End Date||May 06, 2022|
#3: Interpersonal Communication - Online
|Start Date||April 13, 2022|
|End Date||June 03, 2022|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- But you can click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: