Introduction to Chemistry – Online (Self Paced)
Gain a solid foundation in the basics of chemistry and learn about the chemical reactions that take place in the body. Get started with an introduction to matter, the different types of energy, reactions, and particles. Once you have mastered these, you will begin to study the atom and its subatomic particles. As you study the periodic table of elements, you’ll grasp why atoms combine with each other as well as why some chemical bonds are strong and some are weak. You will also learn about ions and isotopes as well as their uses in healthcare. This course will help you to interpret and balance chemical equations while also teaching you about solutions, inorganic molecules, and organic molecules. Finally, you will study the differences between solutes and solvents; unsaturated and saturated solutions; and acids, bases, and salts; and examine the four types of bioorganic molecules in your body.
- Understand the different types of matter and energy.
- Identify measurements in chemistry and the differences between the U.S. system of measurement and the metric system of measurement.
- Identify the structure of atoms and the three major subatomic particles.
- Describe the importance of the Periodic Table of Elements and the four types of chemical bonds.
- Interpret the letters, symbols, and numbers used to write chemical equations and how checmical react to each other.
- Understand solutions, the four types of bioorganic molecules, and the basics of stoichiometry, acids, bases, and salts. .
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.