Introduction to Criminal Law – Online
Gain a solid foundation in the basics of criminal law from a former major-felony prosecutor who has appeared on Court TV. Examine the world of prosecutors, defense attorneys, and the paralegals who work closely with them all while looking at all of the major areas of crime. The trial of a criminal case will be dissected and explained for you. You’ll also explore the various types of criminal defenses, sentencing, and appeals procedures. Each lesson will also feature A View from the Inside — compelling information about the criminal justice system, in the words of actual people who experience it every day.
- Understand the basic feature of criminal law and how it differs from other areas of the law.
- Identify elements and definitions of different crimes from murder to assault and battery.
- Identify the roles of accessories and principles in a crime.
- Understand the types of defenses a person on trial can use.
- Describe the background and history of the use of insanity as a defense.
- Understand the basics of the appeals process.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF. Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 06/17/2020
- End Date 08/07/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.