Java Introduction – Online (Self Paced)
If you want to learn computer programming but don’t have any prior experience, you’ll enjoy a tour of Java, one of the most widely used computer languages in the world. It’s a breeze to learn in a friendly and supportive environment. Start with the basics of program design and go on to write your own programs and integrate input and output, calculations, decision making, and loops. Build your knowledge and confidence with easy-to-understand examples and plenty of skill-building exercises. So whether you just want to try it out to see if you like it or plan on doing more with Java, this is a great place to start!
- Become familiar with programming languages in general and the specifics of Java.
- Understand the concept behind object oriented programming.
- Write, compile, run, and debug a simple Java program.
- Learn about Java data types and declarations, class constructors, expressions, and the main() method.
- Learn how to make decisions in Java programs using logical conditions and if statements.
- Learn how to repeat actions in Java using loops.
- Learn how to write a Java applet you can view in a Web browser.
- Learn how to draw basic graphics shapes in Java.
- Learn how to work with external images and manipulate text using Java’s Font class.
- Learn some simple animation and interaction techniques.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, Microsoft Windows (98 or later), and the free Java 2 Standard Edition Software Development Kit (download here: http://java.sun.com). Instructions and support on downloading and installing this free kit will be provided in this course.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 0
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.