Manufacturing Applications – Online
Increase efficiencies and productivity by learning to apply the principles and concepts of manufacturing. Discover the nature of strategy and learn how it leads to the development of manufacturing strategy. Understand the purpose of customer demand forecasting and find out what forecasting methods are suitable for which situations. Explore the nature of planning and learn how to effectively use Gantt charts and the precedence diagram method. Determine how purchasing, production and inventory control, and logistics support a manufacturing operation. Discover the basics of lean manufacturing and see how capacity management converts production plans into concrete products. Learn why manufacturing, industrial, and quality engineering are so essential to any firm.
Prerequisite: Manufacturing Fundamentals (or equivalent experience)
- Learn of the nature of strategy and how it leads to the development of a manufacturing strategy.
- Discover the basics of customer demand forecasting, including its nature, purpose, and methods.
- Explore the nature of planning and learn how to effectively use Gantt charts and the precedence diagram method.
- Learn how lean manufacturing helps an organization improve production throughput, enhance quality, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Determine the various job duties of production and inventory control personnel, including master production scheduling, production activity control, material requirements planning (MRP), and inventory management.
- Examine the nature of capacity management and learn of its critical importance to manufacturing.
- Learn how manufacturing engineering contributes to the success of a production operation.
- Understand the nature of industrial engineering and find out its primary functions.
- Learn how quality engineers contribute to process improvements and customer satisfaction by reducing quality costs, using Six Sigma, and implementing statistical process control (SPC).
- Understand why manufacturing personnel need to be conversant with the elements of a logistics system, including warehousing and receiving.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 06/17/2020
- End Date 08/07/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.