Manufacturing Fundamentals – Online
Learn the basic skills required to work in the manufacturing field. Discover the role of production design, process planning, and the heart of 13 different manufacturing processes. Understand why facility location and plant layout decisions are so vital and learn how job design helps you accomplish company goals and achieve worker satisfaction. Find out what makes up the physical work environment and learn how to characterize different types of production materials. Master product development concepts such as the voice of the customer (VOC), quality function deployment (QFD), and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA). Learn how performance measurements and standardization improve manufacturing operations.
- Learn the basics of manufacturing, including its history, processes, materials, products, and industries.
- Understand the role of production design and process planning, and also discover 13 fundamental manufacturing processes.
- Find out why facility location and plant layout decisions are so vital.
- Determine the meaning of job design and learn how to combine job content and work methods to accomplish company goals and achieve worker satisfaction.
- Explore the various types of materials and ways to characterize them, including mechanical and physical properties.
- Discover the ins-and-outs of product development including the voice of the customer (VOC), quality function deployment (QFD), and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Discover a few different financial investment models and learn about the purposes and benefits of budgeting.
- Understand the importance of measurements to manufacturing and find out how to use physical measurements.
- Learn how standards assist a manufacturing organization and how ISO 9000 helps keep you on track.
- Find out how technology benefits manufacturing, especially in the form of enterprise resource planning (ERP).
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 06/17/2020
- End Date 08/07/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.