Math Refresher – Online
Ever find math baffling? This course can help you gain confidence in your basic math skills so you can start using math to your advantage. You won’t find any theory or memorization here. Each of your lessons will be filled with practical exercises and information that you can put to immediate use. You’ll get valuable hands-on experience and advice on using a calculator; determining the proper amount to pay in tips, discounts, and taxes; managing your income and expenses; checking your bills and bank statements for errors and overcharges; comparing investment vehicles; shopping for the best loans; buying a home; determining the right amount of paint, carpet, or tile for your next home improvement project; converting from one type of currency to another; calculating the chances that something will happen; interpreting a graph; comparing test results; understanding a statistical survey; and more.
- Learn about operations involving integers, exponents, roots, and multiple-step problems and how to use calculator correctly.
- Determine how to solve retail problems, including calculating tips, taxes, and discounts.
- Find out about your paycheck, deductions, and how to figure out where your money goes.
- Get acquainted with checking accounts, deposits, and withdrawals, and learn to balance your check register and bank statement.
- Determine how to convert units of measurement and how to find the area and volume of basic figures.
- Interpret basic statistical information, including data collection, mean, median, mode, and range.
- Learn about the different types of graphs, what you use them for, and how to read them.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and a basic calculator with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate square roots.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 11/11/2020
- End Date 01/01/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149
No extra information available at this moment.