Become a Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Medical billing and coding is a rising star in the healthcare field today. This 100% online course will prepare you to start a career in this high-demand occupation and earn the medical billing and coding professional certification that best aligns with your interest and career goals. You’ll learn how to use the Healthcare Common procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and the CPT Category II and ICD-10 codes. Additionally, you’ll gain hands-on practice using medical billing and coding software. Upon course completion, you’ll receive a voucher for the certification exam of your choice: CPC, CCA or CBCS.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, in order to sit for national certification exams, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be fully prepared to pass one of the following professional certifications that best aligns with your interest and career goals:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Learn how the CPT Category II codes and ICD-10 codes work and how to assign them in common medical billing and coding procedures
- Gain hands-on billing experience with medical billing and coding software
- Medical Biller standalone option for those who aren’t interested in Medical Coding
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CERTIFICATION EXAMS (CPC, CCA, AND CBCS)?
Obtaining a CPC, CCA, or CBCS certification implies that an individual has met competencies in the field of medical billing and coding. Certification is invaluable to the student’s career goals. Students have an opportunity to make confident, informed decisions about the national certification they prefer, because the differences are explained in this course before they pick their exam voucher.
Job Outlook for Medical Billing and Coding Specialists
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical billing and coding specialists earn an average annual salary of $40,350 and work in one of the fastest growing professions.
- The BLS also estimates that at least 27,000 new jobs will be needed in this profession by 2026.
- Includes Materials:The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be mailed to the student.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 6 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: Medical Billing and Coding Certificate - Online
Financial Aid Options
- Education Loans
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: