This course teaches medical terminology from an anatomical approach. Root terms are divided by each body system. The origin, a combined form, and an example of non-medical everyday usage is provided for each root term. Word Associations are provided as a learning tool. Unusual and interesting information is provided in regards to each term. Root terms are combined with prefixes and suffixes as your learning will culminate in the interpretation of several paragraphs of medical notes. The course includes animation and audio to aid student retention and to ensure correct pronunciation of terms.
- Learn to identify common root and musculoskeletal root terms and their meanings.
- Discern and memorize integumentary and digestive root terms and their meanings.
- Identify and memorize cardiovascular and respiratory root terms and their meanings.
- Recognize and commit to memory urinary and reproductive root terms and their meanings.
- Identify and memorize neurosensory root terms and their meanings.
- Learn the common medical prefixes.
- Get to know common medical abbreviations.
- Get familiar with directional terms and word combinations.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: Medical Terminology - A Word Association Approach - Online
|Start Date||August 18, 2021|
|End Date||October 08, 2021|
#2: Medical Terminology - A Word Association Approach - Online
|Start Date||September 15, 2021|
|End Date||November 05, 2021|
#3: Medical Terminology - A Word Association Approach - Online
|Start Date||October 13, 2021|
|End Date||December 03, 2021|
#4: Medical Terminology - A Word Association Approach - Online (Self Paced)
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: