Take your first step toward a rewarding career in fundraising for nonprofit organizations! First, you’ll identify the skills you’ll need to become a successful fundraiser. Next, you’ll discover where the best corporate and foundation fundraising jobs are and how to apply for them. After that, you’ll delve into different types of fundraising activities, exploring everything from annual and special funds to corporate and foundation relations, major gifts, and planned giving. And finally, you’ll see how fundraising software can make your efforts far more effective. By the end of the course, you’ll have a wealth of new ideas for fundraising, and you’ll be well on your way to success in this exciting career field.
- Develop an annual fund timeline, find out how to structure donor levels, and discover the benefits of involving volunteers in your efforts.
- Explore how to draft, segment, and mail an annual fund letter appeal, get familiar with the mechanics of gift solicitations, and find out how to run a successful phone-a-thon using volunteers.
- Learn how to write a foundation query letter, prepare a grant proposal, and handle post-award tasks.
- Explore the connection between major gifts and capital campaigns, discover the three phases of a campaign, learn how to identify prospects, and find out why collaboration is so important to the success of a campaign.
- Discover the advantages of working with fundraising software to automate tasks.
This course is part of the Nonprofit Management Certificate.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: Nonprofit Fundraising Essentials - Online
|Start Date||August 18, 2021|
|End Date||October 08, 2021|
#2: Nonprofit Fundraising Essentials - Online
|Start Date||September 15, 2021|
|End Date||November 05, 2021|
#3: Nonprofit Fundraising Essentials - Online
|Start Date||October 13, 2021|
|End Date||December 03, 2021|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: