PC Security Introduction – Online
What you don’t know about PC security really can hurt you! Learn why you’re at risk and what you can do to protect your precious personal and business data from the outside world. This course, taught by a security expert, will quickly bring you up to speed on the fundamentals of PC and network security. You’ll learn the nature of the threats you face, how to assess your vulnerability, how to identify the weak links in your system, and how you can implement simple solutions to minimize your risks.
- Find out the facts about security, detail definitions of terms, and dispel some of the common, most dangerous myths.
- Understand how your PC and network relates to software and the security risks.
- Learn the difference between viruses, worms and blended threats and understand how to protect yourself from them.
- Learn what spyware, scumware, malware and adware are, what they do, how to prevent, and remove it.
- Gain an understanding of firewall hardware and learn how to safely configure it.
- Understand laptop technology and wireless networking.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 08/12/2020
- End Date 10/02/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.