Are you ready to dive under the hood of your PC? This course takes you step by step through the typical hardware and operating system problems encountered by technicians, and teaches you troubleshooting techniques to decipher any problem and gives you the skills you need to solve them. Once you’ve mastered the basics, the course launches into some of the more advanced and nasty problems that sometimes crop up in the PC, teaching you how to diagnose and fix those problems. Finally, this course will show you how to maintain and optimize a Windows PC.
- Learn basic information on the major parts of a PC, cables and connectors, basic PC maintenance, and the care and feeding of printers.
- Discover the motherboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive, and other key pieces of PC hardware.
- Introduce yourself to PC operating systems
- Identify, handle, and install system RAM, as well as how to access and navigate CMOS setup, flash the BIOS, and troubleshoot various memory errors.
- Explore common Internet issues, including how to troubleshoot connectivity problems, optimize your browser settings, and get a handle on nuisances such as pop-ups and spyware.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. You will also need access to one or more computers that do not contain any data you consider sensitive.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: PC Troubleshooting Introduction - Online
|Start Date||November 17, 2021|
|End Date||January 07, 2022|
#2: PC Troubleshooting Introduction - Online
|Start Date||December 15, 2021|
|End Date||February 04, 2022|
#3: PC Troubleshooting Introduction - Online
|Start Date||January 12, 2022|
|End Date||March 04, 2022|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: