Learn how to create an interactive Web site, allowing visitors to post and retrieve information provided by you or your site’s visitors. During the course, you’ll walk through the development of a complete content management system Web application. You’ll receive clear, step-by-step, instructions demonstrating how to create a complete Web site capable of dynamically displaying data from a MySQL database.
You’ll discover how you can allow your site’s visitors to add new information to an online database, search through posted data, and create meaningful printed reports. By the end of this course, you’ll have plenty of useful code templates that will help you create your very own dynamic, Web-based, content management system.
Prerequisite: Creating Web Pages (HTML) or equivalent HTML coding experience.
Note: Macintosh users will not be able to use the WAMP5 software, and must provide their own PHP and MySQL development environment.
- Get to know PHP programming basics, including variables, arrays, loops, Server Side Includes, and how to incorporate PHP into your HTML Web pages.
- Discover how MySQL stores application data, and use the phpMyAdmin tool to create a new MySQL database, tables, data fields, and user account.
- Create a dynamic, attractive home page for your application, using PHP and Cascading Style Sheets.
- Use SQL and PHP to retrieve data from your MySQL database, and display it in your Web page.
- Build registration and login pages to track Web page users and grant special privileges.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, a PHP and MySQL development environment, completion of Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent experience). During the first lesson in the course, you will be walked through the process of installing WAMP5 software, which provides a full PHP and MySQL development environment. You can download WAMP5 for free.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
#1: PHP and MySQL Introduction - Online
|Start Date||August 18, 2021|
|End Date||October 08, 2021|
#2: PHP and MySQL Introduction - Online
|Start Date||September 15, 2021|
|End Date||November 05, 2021|
#3: PHP and MySQL Introduction - Online
|Start Date||October 13, 2021|
|End Date||December 03, 2021|
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
More Info / Contact Us
If you would like to receive more information about this program or speak with the program lead, submit your information below: