Publish and Sell Your e-Books – Online
It’s no secret that e-books now outsell traditionally published books around the world. This is great news for authors, who no longer need a large budget to self-publish and promote their books. In this course, you’ll learn step by step how to use free tools to turn your manuscript into a professionally published e-book ready for distribution. If you don’t consider yourself a “techie,” this course will give you the information you need to select the right publishing services to help you convert your manuscript and sell it as an e-book.
This course puts you inside the publishing industry, sharing the tricks of the trade used by traditional publishers to make sure their books are in the best position to be found by readers. You’ll learn how to target your reading audience, select bookstores, get your book distributed around the world, and even have your book added to your local library’s virtual shelves. By the end of this course, you can have your publishing dreams come true by selling an e-book.
- Find out how to prepare and format a manuscript for e-book publication.
- Discover how to select a title, design a book cover, and write a book description based on a user profile.
- Learn how to register copyright, acquire an ISBN, and obtain CIP data.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of making direct sales, as well as the requirements and additional options available such as library sales and multimedia and interactive books.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. Two additional types of software, Sigil and Calibre, available free online, are used in the actual conversion to e-book formats.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid
- Start Date 05/12/2021
- End Date 07/02/2021
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $149