Python 3 Programming Introduction – Online
Python contains the same basic structures as other programming languages and also offers unique functionality that makes your life as a programmer easier. This course will show you how to create basic programming structures including decisions and loops. Then you’ll move on to more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming with classes and exceptions. You will explore unique Python data structures such as tuples and dictionaries. You’ll even learn how to create Python programs with graphic elements that range from simple circles and squares to graphical user interface (GUI) objects like buttons and labels.
- Learn how Python stores data and gets input from users.
- Create function definitions to make your programs easier to read and write.
- Learn how to create Python class files as well as objects from those classes.
- Use the Tkinter graphics module to create and animate a variety of shapes.
- Write code to open, read, write, and close external data files.
- Use Tkinter to create and animate a variety of shapes and develop an application with a graphical user interface (GUI).
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You will need Python 3.X (3.1, 3.2, or a later version), which you can download free of charge at www.python.org/download for use with any version of Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux, Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and the Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you obtain at www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments – you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Options
- No options available at this moment.
- Start Date 09/16/2020
- End Date 11/06/2020
- Delivery Online
- Total Hours 24
- Class Sessions 12
- CEUs 2.4
- Fee $159
No extra information available at this moment.